Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lunch Date at Louise's Trattoria

Finally, a food post! The pictures aren't that great, but feast your eyes anyway!

I think it's flat bread topped with some cheese & cilantro with Olive oil & Balsamic vinegar(love!)

 On a Sunday afternoon, we decided on a whim to go to Louise's Trattoria in Old Town Pasadena. After the waiter took our order we were served these bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I absolutely love dipping this kind of bread in Olive oil+Balsamic vinegar! Very healthy and very tasty! For some reason, this bread just wouldn't soak in the vinegar; it would only absorb the oil :/
Strange. I tried so hard to get some vinegar on my bread.
Fritto Misto (basically fried squids,shrimps,thin slices of cucumbers)
 As for appetizers, he went with Fritto Misto while I picked Crab cakes. The Fritto Misto was great! I enjoyed the fried squid, and the shrimp was just right, not overcooked. The fried slices of cucumbers were yummy! It was almost like cucumber chips but with a soft inner layer.
Crab Cakes Yumm!
 These crab cakes were the best out of this whole meal. I'm always in for crab cakes! This crab cake was delicious!! Crispy outer thin layer wrapping around soft flavorful crab meat. The sauce was great too. We both thoroughly enjoyed this appetizer.
Beef Tenderloin with Garlic mashed potatoes & Veggies
 He ordered a Beef Tenderloin. It was the only beef on one part of the menu, I remember the rest of that particular section was all chicken. The beef was decent.
Grilled Salmon with Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Vegetables
 I enjoyed my salmon more than the beef. The salmon was not dry at all, and very tender and moist and juicy. But one thing not so great about it was the parts that were burnt to black crisps. I don't know if that is what "grilled" is supposed to be, but I certainly didn't enjoy that part. Those little black stuff just made it bitter. Some where on the vegetables too. I love how balanced this main course was, with a lot of vegetables. I love garlic mashed potatoes. I just love potatoes!!
Close up on Grilled Salmon with Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Vegetables
After this, I think we'll be having dim sum more often. Haha. We both really enjoyed this lunch and hopefully we'll have another one soon.. hm.. my birthday is coming up. But my birthday is on a school day, so I'll be at school from early morning until 10pm. Well, we'll see....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me!